Thursday, August 21, 2014

LEGO Birthday Party



My son is obsessed with all things LEGO!  So it was easy to choose the theme for his birthday party this year!

THE FOOD
I started with water bottles, and simply made the labels in Word, cut them out and glued them on.

Club Crackers with cheese (cut out with a fondant circle cutter)

I arranged the fruit to spell LEGO.

He requested lemon cupcakes, so here they are!  The frosting was so good!


T
he Recipe is found here.    I made the cupcake toppers on the computer, and used lollipop sticks.








These. are. amazing.  I look for any reason to make these.  If I made them for the family, I would eat them all!  So at parties, I get a few, and others can enjoy them as well!  Simply take one package of Oreo cookies, chop in the food processor. Mix in a package of softened cream cheese, and shape into balls.  Then freeze until firm.  Melt chocolate, and dip,  Let sit on wax paper until the chocolate is hardened.  I keep them refrigerated until they are ready to eat. YUM!!


I made these in a super cute mold that came from the LEGO Store.


 THE DECORATIONS!


A friend of mine made this, and was kind enough to let me use it!


A simple and cute addition to the decor!  I covered the doors in different color tablecloths from the Dollar Store.  Then I taped paper plates on them. 


Another great decoration that I borrowed from my friend!


The Favor bags!  I bought plain colored paper bags at Michaels.  I then used scrapbook paper, and a circle hole punch to make the "bricks"
THE GAMES!


I used Foam Board and duct tape to make this.  The kids made cars out of LEGOS and raced.  They loved it!

Pin the head on the Lego man.       

The Pinata.  I took an old paper box, covered it with blue wrapping paper, and also cut out circles of wrapping paper.  I cut the tops off of 6 Styrofoam cups, and glued them on, followed by the circles.  I cut out a hole on the top, and added rope.  It was simple, and the kids gave it a beating!


We had LEGO Spoon Races.  

It was a fun day, the weather was amazing and all the kids had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment