Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Shamrock Cupcakes

Shamrock Cupcakes

The kids and I wanted to make something fun for St. Patrick's Day.  So I scoured Pinterest (my addiction!) and found this awesome idea!

I started with a basic vanilla cupcake batter, and added green food coloring. The recipe I used is from here: Lemon Sugar

Using 3 marbles, per cupcake slot, I formed a shamrock shape!

I baked them at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, until I poked it with a toothpick, and it came out clean. (Do not pay attention to the messy oven!  I made some yummy honey oat bread, and whoops... forgot to clean out the oven! OK let's be serious, I only cleaned it later because it started to smell burnt. )
;-)
I frosted them with a basic frosting recipe HERE, and made it thinner, so it spread flat easily. We then used M&M's for the eyes (added frosting for the dots and smiles)

The kids had a lot of fun "helping me" and everyone, especially my hubby loved them!

HERE is where I got my original idea from!

No comments:

Post a Comment